- Sun, May 28, 2017 (18:00 till 19:00)
- Sun, June 25, 2017 (18:00 till 19:00)
- Sun, July 23, 2017 (18:00 till 19:00)
- Sun, August 27, 2017 (18:00 till 19:00)
- Sun, September 24, 2017 (18:00 till 19:00)
- Sun, October 22, 2017 (18:00 till 19:00)
- Sun, November 26, 2017 (18:00 till 19:00)
Normally held on the 4th Sunday of each month at Christ Church at the Regent (since 1860).
An Evening service of joy, song and worship in the Anglican tradition. Evening Prayer is a liturgy in use in the Anglican Communion (and other churches in the Anglican tradition, such as the Continuing Anglican Movement and the Anglican Use of the Roman Catholic Church) and celebrated in the late afternoon or evening. It is also commonly known as Evensong, especially (but not exclusively) when the office is rendered chorally (that is, when most of the service is sung).
It is roughly the equivalent of Vespers in the Roman Catholic Church and the Lutheran churches, although it was originally formed by combining the monastic offices of Vespers and Compline. Although many churches now take their services from Common Worship or other modern prayer books, if a church has a choir, Choral Evensong from the Book of Common Prayer often remains in use because of the greater musical provision.
4th Sunday of the month.
|Address||2b Kamo Rd|
|Phone||09 437 6087|